Rookies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rookies

A CCA's place for students.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Karen Stefany Bejarano Torres

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kascabel

Karen Stefany Bejarano Torres Empty
PostSubject: Karen Stefany Bejarano Torres   Karen Stefany Bejarano Torres I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 1:16 am

REGGAE

Reggae is a type of music, was born in Jamaica in 1960, his main influence was the Ska and rocksteady, one of the first bands was The Wailers, formed by Bob Marley, Peter Tosh and Bunny Wailer in 1963.

At first the audience that listened reggae were the black people, because their roots were of Jamaica or Africa, but now a lot listen reggae, generally the people that listen reggae are quiet, and paceful, some people, belong to rastafary culture, the message of their songs are of revolution, love, and blessings of god Jah.

INSTRUMENTS (Some instruments are for example the bass, the organ, the batery , and electric guitar)

The Reggae has differents styles, some are:

Roots reggae ( Their songs talk about rastafary culture, are revolutionary, and criticize the political system.

Dance Hall (For this style is needed, a sound system and a Dj, their songs have a message very controversial.)

Raggamuffin (Is a style of melodies rhytmic, good for dancing, repetitive, and improvised.

Lovers Rock ( Their contet is romantic)

I like The reggae because their melodies are quiet, relaxing, sometimes are good for dancing, but mainly I love the message, is interesting, critical, and also romantic , I identify with all this, from that I was more young.

why I think that if you like quiet and relaxing music you should hear reggae.

I think that you ought hear bands of reggae in spanish for example: from Colombia Dub Killer Combo, Nawal, and Alerta their firsts albums, Cultura Profetica from Puerto Rico, Papashanty from Venezuela and there are a lot bands of reggae in spanish.

I love the reggae in english, I like the classic bands , you ought hear for example: Bob Marley, Peter Tosh, Damian Marley, makes a fusion between reggae and rap very good, other as Max Romeo, Yannis Oduba, Black Uhuru, Lee Scratch Perry, Barrington leavy and Richie Space, I love these last because are good for dancing.

Back to top Go down

Karen Stefany Bejarano Torres
Page 1 of 1