Rookies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rookies

A CCA's place for students.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A great life...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lili

A great life... Empty
PostSubject: A great life...   A great life... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 7:30 pm

Mohandas Karamehand Gandi was born on 2 october 1869 in Parabandar, on of the districts of Gujarat state in India. Ghandi is often referred to as Mahatma or "Great Soul". His parents were merchants, he was a person with no economics problems. Ghandi got married when he was 13 years old, and when he was 15 his first child was born, but he survived a few days. Ghandi had four more children.

When he was 19, he traveled to London to stody law at University College of London, when he studied Indian law and jurisprudence. In 1893 he acepted a year contract to work in South Africa, then part of the British Empire. In South Africa Ghandi saw the discrimitation directed at Indians. In 1906 he held in Johannesburg for the first time the "Non violent protest".

In 1915 Gandhi returned from South Africa to live in India, he had already change their habits and lifestyle, adopting the most traditional of India. In 1930 he started one of the protest of "Non violence", thath that would inspire even moves like staring years later by Martin Luther king. The protest was called "The salt satyagraha".

Gandhi was a person who fought for equality of people and he fought for peace in India. He was an icon of spirituality and faith in God. He was killed by a religious fanatic on 30 January 1869. No
Back to top Go down
lili

A great life... Empty
PostSubject: Re: A great life...   A great life... I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 7:34 pm

Autor: Liliana Garcia Torres
Back to top Go down

A great life...
Page 1 of 1