Rookies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rookies

A CCA's place for students.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Escrito 3er corte

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Joansir

Escrito 3er corte Empty
PostSubject: Escrito 3er corte   Escrito 3er corte I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 7:46 pm

Gentil Montaña
Julio Gentil Albarracin Montaña was the forerunner of the classical guitar in Colombia and also my gradfather.

When my grandfather has seven years old, he began his music studies in the Conservatory of Ibague, where he played the violin, but to the 13 years old he decided for the guitar. He participated in many concerts, like the first global contest Alirio Diaz in Caracas 1975, many years after in 1994 and 2002 he was in the contest but like a judge and interpreter. He was like soloist with the filarmonica Orchesta of Bogotá, also he was a master in the Academy Luis A. Calvo, after he maked his own music school “La fundación Gentil Montaña where the music life” and the rest of his life, he traveled around the world for his music and was with the best classical musians. Also recorded many CD´s and knew royal persons. All that like astist and like a familiar he was funny but a little selective, with me he was hard becuase we had our differences.

He died the 27 of August of this year, because he had a strange disease that ends with him, named ELA Esclerosis Lateral Amiotrofica, the same disease of Stephen Hawking.

Joan Sebastian Molano Grupo 09
Back to top Go down

Escrito 3er corte
Page 1 of 1